The Ade Adegbite Memorial Scholarship is open to students with epilepsy who reside in or will be attending school in Toronto, Ontario.
Number Available: 2
Deadline: TBA (currently closed; information on next year’s scholarship will be released in spring 2023)
The Ade Adegbite Memorial Scholarship recognizes students with epilepsy who have overcome barriers and who continue to demonstrate resilience in coping with the challenges of epilepsy. Two scholarships of $1500 each will be awarded to assist a student with epilepsy to achieve their academic goals.
The scholarship is dedicated to the memory of Ade Adegbite, a remarkable young woman who would not allow the challenges that epilepsy presented to prevent her from achieving her goals. An excellent student, Ade studied at the University of Toronto, Scarborough, was fluent in French, and completed teachers college, all while actively volunteering in the community. She worked enthusiastically to educate others about the challenges faced by people living will epilepsy. She supported the work of Epilepsy Toronto as an educator, spokesperson, and fundraiser.
The Ade Adegbite Memorial Scholarship is administered by Epilepsy Toronto and supported by the Adegbite/Abrakasa Family.
- be a person living with epilepsy.
- be age 17 or over
- be a Canadian citizen, Protected Person, or Permanent Resident of Canada (proof of status required)
- be a resident of Toronto (or planning to attend school in Toronto)
- be enrolled in or accepted for full-time or part-time post-secondary studies in a College or University, accredited professional or apprenticeship training institution (part-time students must be completing at least one course each semester).
- should not be related to any member of the Board of Directors or staff of Epilepsy Toronto
- Candidates must demonstrate their determination and resilience in overcoming barriers and challenges related to epilepsy
- Academic strength, community involvement & volunteerism, educational goals and focus, communication skills, and involvement in raising awareness about epilepsy will also be considered.
How to Apply
The 2022 deadline to apply has passed. Check Epilepsy Toronto’s Scholarships & Bursaries webpage early Spring 2023 for information about the next year of applications.
Last Updated: 2023-01-06