Student Financial Assistance Program Overview
ECE offers full-time and part-time financial assistance to NWT residents attending accredited, postsecondary institutions and programs through the Student Financial Assistance (SFA) Program. The purpose of the SFA Program is to help supplement the cost of obtaining a postsecondary education, not to cover all expenses.
Depending on eligibility, SFA may provide post-secondary students with assistance for:
- Basic Grant – Funding for tuition and fees, books and travel costs
- Supplementary Grant or Remissible Loan – Monthly living allowance
- Repayable Loan – Funding for tuition and fees, books, travel and a monthly living allowance
- NWT Grants for Students with Permanent Disabilities
- Course Reimbursement – Part-time studies funding up to $500 per course
Learning Support for Persons with Disabilities Fund
The Learning Support for Persons with Disabilities Fund provides financial assistance to persons living with disabilities and organizations serving persons living with disabilities to help achieve their learning goals. You can see all of the details.
To be eligible, individuals must:
- Be living with a disability
- Be involved in a learning activity
- Demonstrate commitment to achieving education, employment or personal goals
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a resident of the Northwest Territories
- Be unable to get funding for training elsewhere
Financial assistance is provided on an annual basis beginning April 1st.
Applications are received and reviewed throughout the year on a first come, first served basis.
A final written report and financial statement is required at the end of the project.
Last updated: 2023-01-03