The Adult Special Education Bursary is available to Douglas College students enrolled in any Vocational Education and Skills Training (previously Adult Special Education) program.
- Fall: August 15th – September 15th
- Winter: December 15th – January 17th
- Summer: April 15th – May 15th
The Adult Special Education Bursary was created in 2003 by Myrna Popove, former Executive Director of Douglas College Foundation, and Ted James, former Director of Student and Enrollment Services/Registrar. The purpose of this fund is to support students enrolled in any Vocational Education and Skills Training (previously Adult Special Education) program at Douglas College facing financial barriers.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are enrolled in any Vocational Education and Skills Training program at Douglas College
- Are a registered student
- Are in good academic standing and have a minimum CGPA of 1.50
- Demonstrated financial need
- Are a full-time or part-time student in the term for which the bursary will be received, as stated in the individual bursary qualifications
- Participation in college and community activities may also be considered
How to Apply
Apply for scholarships, bursaries, and awards at Douglas College using your MyAccount.
For more information on this bursary and other Douglas College funding opportunities, visit Douglas College’s Financial Aid webpage.
See other Douglas College scholarships, awards, and bursaries listed on our website:
- 1992 BC Games for the Physically Disabled Award
- Al Atkinson & Ted James Bursary
- Business Advisory Council Award of Distinction
- Canadian Federation of University Women Award of Distinction
- Carly Reid Memorial Award
- Compass Group Canada Award
- Joan Meister ORW Memorial Fund for Students with Disabilities Bursary
- Sally Allan Memorial Award
- Starlight Casino Bursary
Last Updated: 2023-08-23