Available to students attending the University of Regina
Number Available: 2 (1 for a student at the Regina campus; 1 to a student at the Saskatoon campus)
Deadline: March 15th, 2021 [ October 1st 2022 if scholarship follows past trends]
The University of Regina will present a total of two non-renewable Against the Odds: Faculty of Nursing Deans Awards valued at $1,000 each, one to the Regina campus and the other to the Saskatoon Campus to undergraduate students.
Students will be selected in accordance with the following criteria:
- enrolled in the Saskatchewan Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing program including the Bilingual Option, or the first year of the After-Degree Option
- minimum undergraduate grade point average (UGPA) of 65%
- has completed a minimum of 23 credit hours
- registered and remain registered in a minimum of 9 credit hours in the semester the award is presented
- struggling with difficult circumstances such as but not limited to single parent, new immigrant, mature student, financial need
- a statement, no more than 2 pages in length, to be provided describing their circumstances and why they would benefit from the award.
How to Apply
You must log into SAMS as a registered user to apply for awards. Once you are logged in, you can apply using the online application by selecting “Apply for Award” from the “Other Actions” box in the top right corner of each award page.
Students are strongly encouraged to apply using the online application in SAMS. However, paper applications are available on the SAFA website.
Please check the main web-page to apply and to make sure all this information is up to date. Please click: here.
If you are dropping off or sending correspondence by courier (e.g. FedEx, UPS), please address your items to:
University of Regina
Administration Humanities 108
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina SK S4S 0A2
University of Regina Student Awards and Financial Aid:
Phone (Toll-free): 1-800-644-4756
Phone (In Regina): 306-585-4591
SAFA Website: https://www.uregina.ca/safa/index.html
All information was gathered through the SAMS portal through the guest login.