The AQEIPS Scholarships Program is available to students with disabilities studying at a Quebec post-secondary institution or who have a permanent address in Quebec while studying outside the province.
Amount: minimum $1000
Number Available: varies
Deadline: February 15, 2023
AQEIPS is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1991, by and for SWD. Their primary mission is to promote equal opportunities in post-secondary education and to raise awareness about defending the right to higher education, social inclusion, active life, and citizen participation. AQEIPS aims to build a more inclusive society and to remove the barriers these students face throughout their education. AQEIPS has its head office in Montreal; however, it represents students from across Quebec and offers them bilingual services. AQEIPS offers services to post-secondary students living with disabilities due to an ongoing functional limitation of a motor, sensory or organic nature, or because of a learning disability or mental illness. It also offers services to high school students who intend to pursue post-secondary studies.
This year, the Quebec Association for Equity and Inclusion in Post-Secondary Education (AQEIPS) is launching the 24th edition of its scholarships program for post-secondary students with disabilities. For more than twenty years, thanks to the dedication of its donors, partners, and members, AQEIPS has awarded several scholarships each year to SWD from across the province. So far, AQEIPS has highlighted the determination and commitment of more than one hundred scholarship recipients.
The scholarships aim to achieve the following main objectives:
- Encourage people with disabilities to pursue post-secondary education
- Encourage SWD to advocate for their rights and support their social commitment
- Assist SWD in offsetting the additional costs associated with their situation
AQEIPS scholarships are offered in the following categories. The number of scholarships awarded in each category is determined by the number of applications received.
- SWD pursuing a Diploma of Vocational Studies or an Attestation of Collegial Studies (DVS, ACS)
- SWD enrolled in a Pre-University CEGEP Program (DCS)
- SWD enrolled in a Technical CEGEP Program (DCS)
- SWD enrolled in a University Undergraduate Program (bachelors, certificate)
- SWD enrolled in a University Graduate Program (masters, AGD, doctorate)
- be an active AQEIPS member
- if you are not already a member, you can fill out the AQEIPS membership form – membership is free for students with disabilities
- you can also apply to become a member with your scholarship application
- have completed or be registered to at least one course between September 2022 and April 2023 in a post-secondary institution
- studying in a post-secondary institution in Quebec OR have a permanent address in Quebec while studying out of province or abroad
- foreign SWD who meet the requirements are invited to apply if they are enrolled in a Quebec post-secondary educational establishment during the year of the program
- Quebec residents (who can provide proof of residency) who are studying abroad or out of province are also welcome to apply
- commit to attending the AQEIPS annual general meeting (end of April) to receive their scholarship OR to record an acceptance video that will be presented at the meeting
Students of any age, at any stage of their career, are welcome to apply. SWD who are returning to school are encouraged to apply.
Students who are not eligible:
- Students who have received an AQEIPS scholarship in the past are not eligible for the current program unless they apply in a different category
- Current AQEIPS Board of Directors members and employees
- The student’s motivation to pursue their education
- Steps taken to pursue their education
- Career goals and plans
- Community involvement
- Determination to face difficulties encountered as a person with a disability and to overcome obstacles
Quality of the applicant’s file:
- Quality of the content
- General presentation (format, cover letter, etc.)
How to Apply
To submit your application for a 2022-2023 AQEIPS scholarship, applicants must fill out the AQEIPS Scholarships Google Form OR contact AQEIPS for paper forms to fill out.
Documents that must be included in your application:
- AQEIPS membership form
- A cover letter of 500-700 words on a topic that is important to you as it relates to the evaluation criteria for this application (career opportunity, community involvement, determination, or motivation)
- Your curriculum vitae (CV)
- A proof of registration for the semester starting in September 2022 or in January 2023 (e.g., transcript, attestation of studies, etc.), to a post-secondary institutions in Quebec recognized by the ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES) or a professional training recognized by a professional order in Quebec.
- If you are studying out of province, please include a transcript or attestation of studies in French or in English from your educational institution
Please note that to access the form, you will need to log on using a Gmail account. Incomplete applications will not be considered after the deadline.
If it is not possible for you to complete the online application form, you can mail it to the following
AQEIPS Scholarships Selection Committee
425 Sherbrooke Street East, Suite 06
Montreal, Quebec H2L 1J9
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like more information.
If any of the documents are not accessible for you, don’t hesitate to contact AQEIPS if you need help to fill them out.
Last updated: 2023-05-24