The Bank of Canada Scholarship Award for Post-Secondary Students is offered to students studying in a field related to the Bank’s work.
Amount: $8000 and possible work opportunity with mentorship
Number Available: multiple
Deadline: May 31, 2023, 11:59PM EST
These scholarships are awarded to assist students with disabilities, Indigenous, LGBTQ2S+, Francophone and those who identify as a member of a visible minority group or racialized group to help remove barriers to education and support greater diversity in our workforce.
The Bank of Canada Scholarship Award for Post-Secondary Students helps foster a diverse and talented workforce. Canadians count on the Bank of Canada to think ahead, inspire confidence and include everyone. That’s why they:
- challenge the status quo in pursuit of better answers
- live up to their commitments and communicate transparently about their work
- welcome and learn from people with diverse perspectives, knowledge and experiences
- encourage students from diverse communities to further their education in fields related to the Bank’s work and offer them an opportunity to gain on-the-job experience
These $8,000 scholarships are awarded to assist students with disabilities, Indigenous, LGBTQ2S+, Francophone and those who identify as a member of a visible minority group or racialized group to help remove barriers to education and support greater diversity in their workforce.
To be considered for one of the scholarships, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- be pursuing post-secondary studies (university or college)—either full-time or part-time—in a field related to the Bank’s work, including:
- economics and finance: economics, computer science, mathematics or statistics, commerce or business administration with a finance major
- administration and operations: financial services, administration and business, project management, human resources, accounting, communications and web development, internal audit, currency production, knowledge and information management, security
- information technology and cyber security: software development, network engineering, solution architecture, project management, business analysis, cyber security
- have an overall average grade of 70 percent or higher
- be enrolled in a post-secondary institution for fall 2023
How To Apply
Use the Bank of Canada Scholarship application page to apply. You can submit your application online between early March to end of May.
For your application to be considered, you must include the following documents:
- A current CV
- Official or unofficial transcripts of your post-secondary academic record
- Answer the following questions (instead of a cover letter):
- Question 1: Tell us about yourself, your family, and/or your community
- Question 2: Why have you decided to pursue a Post-Secondary education in your field of study?
- Question 3: What are some of your past challenges and successes that you will be building from in the future?
- Question 4: What are your plans for when you graduate and how could a work placement help you on your way?
If you are considering applying, consult the Bank of Canada Scholarship’s Terms and Conditions (pdf).
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Possibility of Work Placement
In addition to the award, successful candidates may be offered a work opportunity at the Bank, with mentorship by a Bank employee.
Successful recipients may have the option of a work placement (summer, term, internship) at the Bank’s Head Office, located in Ottawa, or at one of its regional offices in Halifax, Montréal, Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver.
Email BOCScholarship@bankofcanada.ca for more information.
Last Updated: 2023-05-16