The BC Epilepsy Society Bursary Program is available to members of the BC Epilepsy Society entering or enrolled in a post-secondary program.
Number Available: 5
Deadline: May 30, 2022
Every year, the BC Epilepsy Society receives designated donations specific for bursaries, which are awarded to people living with epilepsy in BC who are entering or who are in a vocational, arts, technical or an academic post secondary program. They offer five bursaries of $500 each every year.
Bursaries are awarded on-the-basis of building achievements and can be applied towards tuition, books, housing, or other academic expenses.
To be eligible, a student must:
- demonstrate financial need
- have a history of epilepsy
- be 16 years or older
- be a Canadian citizen
- be a current member of the BC Epilepsy Society
How to Apply
- Complete the 2022 BC Epilepsy Society Bursary Application form
- Prepare and submit a short essay of 1,000 words maximum, addressing all of the following questions:
- How has epilepsy affected your life (ex. overcoming obstacles and positive experiences)?
- If you are chosen as a recipient, how will this bursary help you?
- What are your future aspirations?
- two (non-family) letters of recommendation. One reference must be from academia (ex. teacher, professor, principal, dean, etc.)
- a copy of your current academic transcripts
- a copy of your university, college, trade/vocational/arts school application(s), acceptance letter(s), or confirmation of enrolment. If these items are unavailable, please enclose a list of the addresses and telephone numbers of the admission office(s).
- You may submit your application and supporting documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail/courier. All applications submitted by mail or courier must be postmarked no later than the deadline, May 30, 2022.
- Successful applicants will be notified prior to June 10, 2022
If submitting your application by mail or courier, use the following address:
BC Epilepsy Society
Attention: Executive Director
610 – 4180 Lougheed Highway
Burnaby, BC V5C 4B3
For more information about these bursaries, please contact the BC Epilepsy Society office at 604-875-6704.
Last Updated: 2023-01-03