The BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education Scholarship is a national scholarship open to all disabilities.
Amount: $5,000 (USD) for students in Canada
Number Available: Varies
Application Deadline: March 28th, 2022
Lime Connect represents the largest network of high-potential university students and professionals – including veterans – who have disabilities in the world.
Lime Connect is pleased to be an Equity Through Education partner of BMO Capital Markets to provide scholarships for students with disabilities. Launched in 2005, Equity Through Education helps people achieve their dreams by getting the opportunity to develop themselves through education, and the program builds a diverse workforce.
Equity Through Education is a charitable initiative aimed at creating a more diverse workplace by offering support to help people realize their educational ambitions by giving them opportunities they might not otherwise have. On one day each year, all North American institutional equity trading commissions are donated to organizations dedicated to the education of bright and deserving individuals. To date, Equity Through Education has raised over C$26 million. This translates into greater access to education for over 5,000 students.
BMO Capital Markets is committed to an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity they gain strength through their people and their perspectives.
2022 Scholarship Applicants must match the following criteria:
- A current undergraduate or graduate student at a four-year university in the United States or Canada (the graduate program itself, e.g., business school, might be shorter in length)
- Continuing studies as a full-time student in Fall 2023 with a minimum 40% course load
- Pursuing a degree in business/commerce, computer science, engineering, math, physics, statistics, or a related discipline
- Interested in a career in Financial Services with a focus on Capital Markets preferred
- A person with a (visible or non-visible) disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Previous BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education scholars and applicants are encouraged to apply again if they remain eligible
How to Apply
To apply, log into or join The Lime Network. There you’ll find the link to their online application system where you will provide:
- Contact and education information
- Copy of current university transcripts
- Current copy of resume/CV
- One letter of reference from a professor, advisor, supervisor, etc.
- Answer an essay question related to your career goals and why you believe you should be selected as a BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education Scholar
Applicants are also encouraged to apply for the BMO Capital Markets Summer 2022 Internship program. An additional award will be granted to one US and one Canadian intern of $5,000USD. Please see the separate links located in the application for US and Canadian students.
Lime Connect Canada
2 Bloor Street West, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3E2
- BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education Scholarship
- Lime Connect ‘Who We Are’ webpage
- Lime Connect Contact page
Last Updated: 2022-10-10