The Bruce D. Curtis We Care Scholarship is available to former We Care Ambassadors who are pursuing post-secondary education or relevant trade training.
Amount: $1000 for up to 4 years ($4000 total)
Number Available: 1
Deadline: March 15th annually
The Bruce D. Curtis Scholarship, funded by We Care, is presented to former We Care Ambassadors who
are pursuing post-secondary education or relevant trade training. The scholarship seeks to encourage
post-secondary pursuits and academic success.
Bruce D. Curtis was involved in the foodservice industry for 34 years. In 1990, he became the part-time
Executive Director of We Care. With declining industry support and only 9 major sponsors, Bruce and
the Board of Directors worked tirelessly to raise $100,000 for Easter Seals. By 1996, We Care grew to 51
major sponsors and annual donations of $500,000. After retiring, Bruce spent time visiting Easter Seals
camps, aided in the start of Camp Days, and continued to participate in other charity events.
Applicants must be:
- Former We Care Ambassadors (the ambassador program is open to all kids with disabilities)
- Current or future students of a post-secondary institution or relevant trade training in Canada
- In good academic standing
How to Apply
Complete applications must include the following:
- Complete application form
- Proof of enrollment
- Certified academic transcript
- One-page letter that reflects on one or all of the following: how being an Ambassador helped you; what attending camp did for you; your program of study; and why you should receive the scholarship.
- This application should highlight the candidate’s contributions to the community and We Care, academic achievements, and other accomplishments.
Complete applications must be received at the We Care office no later than March 15th, by email at email@example.com or by mail to the address below.
The recipients’ names will be revealed at the Annual We Care Gala. Students are eligible to receive a $1,000 scholarship, for up to 4 years ($4,000 total) for each year they participate in post-secondary or trades education.
Mailing Address: 453 Signet Dr., North York, ON M9L 1V5
Source(s): the We Care scholarships webpage and the 2021 version of the Bruce D. Curtis Scholarship application form.
See other national scholarships // See other scholarships open to all disabilities