The Carol Shantz Bursary Award is available to current clients or alumnus of KidsAbility enrolled in post-secondary school.
Amount: Minimum $1000
Number Available: 1
Deadline: May 5th, 2023, 4:30PM
Each year, the Carol Shantz Bursary Award recognizes a current outstanding client or an alumnus of KidsAbility who, through effort and perseverance, seeks to realize their full potential through post-secondary education.
Established to honour Carol Shantz, retired KidsAbility School Educator & Principal, the award provides financial aid to an individual entering studies for the first time or as a current student. Since the fund was first established in 2001 by KidsAbility Foundation, over 20 individuals have received the award
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident/landed immigrant, convention refugee, or a protected person living in Canada
- be a current or former client of KidsAbility services
- be accepted and enrolled in full-time or part-time post-secondary studies in a Canadian college or university, accredited professional or apprenticeship training institution that offers a degree or certificate
How to Apply
View the Carol Shantz Bursary Award webpage for the most up-to-date information.
Applications must be completed by the deadline and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete applications include:
- the completed Carol Shantz Bursary Award application form
- a photocopy of high school transcripts or transcripts of post-secondary study
- proof of registration at a post-secondary institution that shows your new student ID number (e.g., a letter of acceptance from the institution)
- a 150-200 word essay/letter describing:
- plans and goals for the future
- goals set and achieved
- barriers and challenges overcome
- community and extra-curricular involvement
- relationship with KidsAbility
- any other information helpful to the selection committee
- 2 letters of support from individuals not related to the applicant (ex. teachers, therapists, community members, employers, physicians, etc.)
- letters should include the length of time and capacity in which the writer has known the applicant, and why the supporter believes the applicant deserves the scholarship
Application forms are also available by contacting Jenna Allan at 519-886-8886 ext. 1293 or email@example.com.
The recipient will be notified in June 2023.
Telephone: 519-886-8886 ext. 1293
- the Carol Shantz Bursary Award webpage
- the Carol Shantz Bursary Award application form
- the Carol Shantz Bursary Award information brochure
Last Updated: 2023-06-13