The DCCI Scholarship for Canadian Students with Disabilities is open nationally to students with disabilities.
Number Available: 1
Deadline: 6PM EST July 31, 2023
Disability Credit Canada’s mission is to help disabled Canadians receive the full benefits and credits they deserve from the Canadian government. As a Disability Benefits firm, Disability Credit Canada works closely with disabled Canadians, assisting eligible applicants to get approved for Disability Tax Credit, CPP Disability, and Long-Term Disability (LTD) benefits, and recognize the unique challenges they face.
Disability Credit Canada is committed to helping young disabled Canadians achieve their goals in higher education or vocational training towards employment and we are proud to be offering the “DCCI Scholarship for Canadian Students with Disabilities”
The annual scholarship winner will be awarded $1,000 towards their tuition to an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Applicant must be currently registered to a full-time program of study in the field of study in health care, criminal justice or community & social services at an accredited Canadian post-secondary college or university
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizens or permanent resident of Canada
- Applicant must have a documented disability
- Applicant must be under 20 years of age at time of application
How to Apply
Submit an original essay of 500-700 words with the following topic: “How your disability shaped your decision to study the program you chose.”
Applicants must submit on the DCCI Scholarship for Canadian Students with Disabilities webpage. Do not submit your application in any other way, as it will not be considered.
The following documents must be provided for consideration:
- Proof of graduating high school in 2023
- Proof of Fall 2023 acceptance to an accredited post-secondary institution (proof of registration to health care, criminal justice or community & social services studies will be required before scholarship is awarded)
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency
- Documented proof of disability
You must combine your essay & eligibility documents into a single PDF document (no larger than 16MB). Name your file as follows: firstname-lastname-submissiondate.pdf and upload it when submitting the application form.
Submit all aspects of the application (essay and required documents) by the deadline.
Submissions will be reviewed by Disability Credit Canada staff members and will be evaluated based on the originality, quality & merit. The recipient will be notified by August 31, 2023, and the scholarship will be awarded upon receipt of proof of registration to a qualified program.
Last updated: 2023-07-11