The Dr. Jack Hand Memorial Scholarship is available to students in Newfoundland and Labrador who were patients of the Janeway throughout their oncology treatment.
Number available: varies
Deadline: August 31st, 2023
The Dr. Jack Hand Memorial Scholarship is presented by The Candlelighters Association of Newfoundland and Labrador and is intended to honour the memory of pediatric oncologist Dr. Jack Hand. The primary aim of The Candlelighters Association of Newfoundland and Labrador is to be a support group whose goal is to provide the families of children diagnosed with cancer with information, emotional support and unique understanding.
- be enrolled in post-secondary school for the upcoming term
- have been patients of the Janeway throughout their oncology treatment
- currently be residents of Newfoundland and Labrador or have been residents of the province during their oncology treatment
Applicants may be in any year of study provided they are enrolled in post-secondary school for the upcoming term. Past recipients of this scholarship are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- a completed Dr. Jack Hand Memorial Scholarship application form
- a 500-word essay that describes the value of The Candlelighters Association of Newfoundland and Labrador and why the applicant believes they are a deserving candidate
- a letter of acceptance from the post-secondary institution the applicant is/will be attending
All applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Dr. Jack Hand Memorial Scholarship-Your Name”.
Successful applicants will be notified by email.
Telephone: (709) 745-4448 or 1-866-745-4448
Related: the Candlelighters Family Scholarships
Last Updated: 2023-08-23