The Garth Edward Usick Memorial Bursary is a non-renewable scholarship available to undergraduate students attending the University of Regina.
Number Available: 1
Deadline: October 1st, 2021
There is another website called Scholarship Canada and they have a more recent/ updated page about the Garth Edward Usick Memorial Bursary award. They are saying that the new deadline is September 1st 2020 as for the amount and number available are staying the same at $1000 and there is 1 available.
A massive thank you to Family & friends of Garth Edward Usick for creating and maintaining this award.
Awarded to any entering or continuing full or part-time student with a disability at the University of Regina. A disability as defined by the World Health Organization of the United Nations is a functional limitation or restriction of an individual’s ability to perform an activity.
- Entering students must have a minimum admission average of 60%,
- Continuing students must have a minimum CGPA of 60%.
- Financial need is considered.
- Financial documentation is also required with application.
Some things you might want to know:
- You need to have a disability
- Candidates must provide documentation and or verification supporting their disability.
- Preference will be given to students pursuing programs in computer science, economics, or administration (Qualifying year or Yr 1 Business Administration Excellence program).
- You can be in any field of study
- You can be in any year of education
- It doesn’t matter if you are a part-time student, full-time student
- it doesn’t matter if you are male, female, in athletics, indigenous, single parent, mature student, if you travel or a Canadian Citizen.
- You need to be a Canadian resident
How to Apply
You must log into SAMS as a registered user to apply for awards. Once you are logged in, you can apply using the online application by selecting “Apply for Award” from the “Other Actions” box in the top right corner of each award page.
Students are strongly encouraged to apply using the online application in SAMS. However, paper applications are available on the SAFA website.
Please check out the main web-page for the Garth Edward Usick Memorial Bursary for more information and to apply, click: Here
If you are dropping off or sending correspondence by courier (e.g. FedEx, UPS), please address your items to:
University of Regina
Administration Humanities 108
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina SK S4S 0A2
University of Regina Student Awards and Financial Aid:
Phone (Toll-free): 1-800-644-4756
Phone (In Regina): 306-585-4591
SAFA Website: https://www.uregina.ca/safa/index.html
All information was gathered through the SAMS portal through the guest login.
Other University of Regina scholarships:
- 35 Lions Club of Regina Scholarship
- Against the Odds: Faculty of Nursing Deans Award
- Barbara Byers Bursary in Social Work
- David Ryson Accessibility and Inclusion Award
- Dr. Douglas and Patricia Vandenberghe Scholarship
- FCC Student Ambassador Award
- Garth Garver Memorial Award
- Jim & Elizabeth Ottley Award
- SaskPower Award in Business Administration
- SaskPower Award in Chemistry
- SaskPower Award in Electronic Systems Engineering
- SaskPower Award in Environmental Systems Engineering
- SaskPower Award in Industrial Systems Engineering
- Timmons Mason Endowment
- University of Regina Celebration Award
See other Saskatchewan scholarships // See other scholarships open to all disabilities