The Janice Lee Blue Wave Youth Bursary is open to students under 20 years old who live in British Columbia with a mental illness or addiction.
Number available: several
Deadline: The application period for CMHA BC scholarships is now closed
Since 1982, CMHA BC has been helping people with mental illness further their pursuit of post-secondary education through their scholarship and bursary programs. They are committed to lowering access barriers and would like to ensure that these scholarships and bursaries are available to anyone in British Columbia with lived experience who is pursuing higher education.
- Under the age of 20
- Resident of British Columbia
- Experienced a significant mental health or substance use challenge
How to Apply
Several awards are available through the CMHA BC Scholarship Program each year to BC post-secondary students who live with mental illness or addiction. Applicants may only apply for one of the awards in a given year. Please look through each of the scholarships to decide which one to apply for:
- Lorne Fraser Scholarship for Mental Health Promotion
- Lorne Fraser Educational Bursary
- Mental Health Fine Arts Bursary (FAB) Award
- Andre Courtemanche Green Ribbon Scholarship
- Indigenous Mental Health Fine Arts Bursary (FAB) Award
Submitting the application:
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Submissions received by mail or fax will be disqualified
- Individuals who submit more than one application for the same year will be evaluated on the application submitted first only
- An applicant may win a bursary or scholarship more than once but will not be eligible to win an award two years in a row
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: CMHA BC’s Scholarships and Bursaries
See other British Columbia scholarships // See other scholarships for mental health conditions // See scholarships open to all disabilities
Last Updated: 2022-07-31