The Michelle Edwards Bursary is open to female students with epilepsy living in or planning to attend school in Toronto.
Number available: 2
Deadline: The 2022 deadline to apply has now passed. Please check Epilepsy Toronto’s Scholarships & Bursaries webpage early Spring 2023 for the next applications.
Michele faced many challenges in life as a result of her epilepsy, but she experienced additional barriers as a woman of colour. In acknowledgement of those additional barriers, at least one of the 2022 Michele Edwards bursaries will be awarded to a BIPOC (Black, Indigenous or people of colour) candidate.
The Michelle Edwards Bursary is administered by Epilepsy Toronto and supported by Peter Boisseau. The bursary aims to encourage and support women with epilepsy who have faced discrimination. Two bursaries of $800 each are awarded annually to two candidates to further their education and/or their career goals, whether that be in a full-time or part-time program, workshop, extra-curricular class or pursuing a career.
- Identify as female
- Living with epilepsy
- Quality of life is significantly impacted by epilepsy
- In financial need and would make good use of the bursary money
- Despite the challenges they face, are ambitious and show great initiative and determination in pursuing their education and/or career goals
- Have faced adversity or discrimination, whether it be because of their epilepsy, race, gender, or sexuality
- Live in or are planning to attend school in Toronto, or are an Epilepsy Toronto client
- At least one of the 2022 Michele Edwards bursaries will be awarded to a BIPOC (Black, Indigenous or people of colour) candidate
How to Apply
Check Epilepsy Toronto’s Scholarships & Bursaries webpage early Spring 2023 for information about the next year of applications.
468 Queen St. East, Suite 210
Toronto, ON, M5A 1T7
Phone: (416) 964-9095
Fax: (416) 964-2492
Epilepsy Toronto Contact webpage
Source: Epilepsy Toronto’s Scholarships & Bursaries webpage
The other epilepsy scholarships on our website:
See other Ontario scholarships // See other scholarships for physical disabilities // See scholarships open to all disabilities
Last Updated: 2022-07-31