The National Endowment Fund Scholarship – University of Ottawa is a national scholarship available to those affected by the tainted blood tragedy in Canada occurring between 1980 and 1989.
Amount: varies, maximum $3000
Number available: varies
Deadline: September 30, 2022
The objective of this award is to provide financial assistance to students registered in a post-secondary program in a recognized Canadian institution whose lives or families were affected by the tainted blood tragedy between 1980 and 1989 inclusively.
The amount of the bursary may vary according to the number of applicants in any given year and depends on tuition fees of the post-secondary institution.
This scholarship is not renewable but may be awarded more than once.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person of protected/refugee status
- Must be a victim, spouse, or child of a victim of the tainted blood tragedy in Canada occurring between 1980 and 1989 inclusively
- Must be full-time or part-time in an undergraduate or graduate program in any Canadian post-secondary institution
- Must have goo academic standing
- Must demonstrate financial need
How to Apply
- Use the National Endowment Fund Scholarship Form available online
- Only complete applications with all supporting documents will be considered
- Include the following documents:
- The application form
- An official transcript including your most recent year of completed studies
- An official proof of enrolment for the upcoming academic year from your post-secondary institution
- A written confirmation from your doctor or an authority who can confirm your status as a victim or as the child of a victim of the tainted blood tragedy in Canada, which occurred between 19080 and 1989 inclusively
- A letter explaining your current financial situation
- A void cheque or direct deposit slip
- Return the application to the Director of the Financial Aid and Awards Service at the University of Ottawa [details under ‘Contact Information’] or submit the application by email at loansandawards@uOttawa.ca
Financial Aid and Awards Service
University of Ottawa
55 Laurier Avenue East, Room 3156
Ottawa (Ontario) K1N 6N5
Fax : 613-562-5155
Source: the National Endowment Fund Scholarship Form, available on the Canadian Hemophilia Society’s National Endowment Fund Scholarship – University of Ottawa webpage
See other national scholarships
Last Updated: 2022-08-04