The Phyllis Davidson Easter Seals Scholarship is available to students living with a permanent physical disability pursuing their post-secondary education in Alberta.
Amount: up to $5000
Number Available: varies
Deadline: July 31st 2023
Phyllis Davidson Easter Seals Scholarship offers post-secondary academic scholarships to students living with physical disabilities. Created in loving memory of Phyllis Davidson, these scholarships help ease financial strain and support the recipient’s academic success.
Phyllis Davidson Easter Seals Scholarship funds are to be used only on educational expenses (i.e. tuition, books, etc.).
Applicants must be
- living with a physical disability
- a current student or candidate for admission into a post-secondary institution in Alberta, pursuing an academic or professional program leading to a degree or diploma
- attending a minimum of two courses per semester
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, you must complete the online Phyllis Davidson Easter Seals Scholarship Application, available through the Phyllis Davidson Scholarship webpage. The application is completed online using Microsoft Forms.
After you have completed the form, you will receive an email requesting the following additional documents:
- One (1) nominating letter of reference describing the reasons the applicant would be a worthy recipient of the scholarship
- This letter should highlight the applicant’s contribution to the community, academic achievements and other accomplishments
- One (1) letter of reference from a teacher at the applicant’s school or from an individual who is familiar with the applicant’s community service
- An up-to-date, certified academic transcript
The selected student(s) must provide the following documents annually, no later than July 31 each year:
- proof of enrollment
- academic transcripts
- a photo
- a personal letter indicating
- the results of the previous school year
- how the scholarship assisted their career aspirations
- how their physical disability affects their life
- how much they would like to receive from the scholarship fund
Telephone: (403) 235-5662.
Source: the Phyllis Davidson Scholarship webpage
Last Updated: 2023-07-24