The Tamara Gordon Foundation Scholarship is available to students with physical disabilities studying at an Ontario university or college.
Number Available: varies
Deadline: Friday, August 4, 2023
The Tamara Gordon Foundation (TGF) was established in 2013, to assist students with permanent physical disabilities who wish to pursue the completion of an educational field of study. The Tamara Gordon Foundation Scholarship assists recipients to defray a portion of the costs to complete their post-secondary education.
- be a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
- reside in the province of Ontario
- have a permanent physical disability
- be enrolled in a program at an Ontario University that is a member of Universities Canada or one of Ontario’s 24 Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology for the 2023/2024 academic year
- be a Grade 12 student in the province of Ontario, or a student already enrolled in a post-secondary program and looking to advance to either year 2, 3, 4 onwards.
- demonstrate a strong academic record
- demonstrate a need for financial assistance
How to Apply
Application packages must be filled out, printed, and mailed to the Tamara Gordon Foundation before the deadline. In completing your application, please type or print clearly. Illegible or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application packages must include:
- the TGF Scholarship Application Form, which can be found under the ‘Apply’ tab on the Tamara Gordon Foundation website
- confirmation/documentation of enrollment in an eligible academic institution for the 2023/2024 academic year (first-time applicants only)
- a copy of the letter of acceptance from the college/university you will be attending for the 2023/2024 academic year (1st year students only)
- an official (original) transcript from your most recently completed post-secondary academic year or a copy of your final grade 12 report card for those entering their first year of post-secondary education
- two (2) letters of recommendation
- one (1) academic reference AND one (1) character reference
- first-time applicants only
- an original one-page, single-spaced essay describing the following (first-time applicants only):
- your permanent physical disability
- your academic and career goals
- your future career aspirations
- the reasons why you feel you should be selected
- a physician’s letter setting out details of your permanent physical disability
- not required for applicants seeking to renew a TGF Scholarship Award
- a list of extracurricular activities, specifying start and end dates for each activity (e.g., school involvement, community volunteer work, arts, sports and TGF activities)
- a summary of costs for transportation, tuition, textbooks, and other materials for the academic year
- a brief biographical paragraph about you and your disability (not more than 100 words) to be used in the reception program if you are selected for a Scholarship award
- submit this paragraph by e-mail to: email@example.com
- a passport size photograph (to be used for TGF publications if you are selected for a Scholarship Award)
- submit the photo by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- proof of status in Canada (Citizen or Landed Immigrant) (first-time applicants only)
- how you heard about the scholarship
- if you heard about the TGF from a past recipient, please provide that person’s name
Mail completed application packages using the following mailing address:
The Tamara Gordon Foundation Selection Committee
PO Box 3020 Markham & 14th Ave
Markham, Ontario, L3S 4T1
TGF Scholarships are competitive, and therefore awarded based on academic standing and volunteer contributions within the community. These are significant factors in the decision making of the Selection Committee. A recipient in good standing may have the amount of his or her award varied at the sole discretion of the Selection Committee.
Only the students who meet the eligibility requirements will be selected and contacted.
Telephone: (905) 209-0606
Mailing address: PO Box 3020 Markham & 14th Ave, Markham, ON, L3S 4T1, Canada
- the Tamara Gordon Foundation website
- the TGF Scholarship Application Form
Last Updated: 2023-07-24