The Walker Wood Award is available to students registered with the Paul Menton Centre at Carleton University.
Amount: up to $4000, renewable at $4000 for 3 years
Number Available: varies
Applications Open: May 1st annually
Deadline: August 31st annually
This award was established in 2019 by the Walker Wood Foundation.
This award may be continued for 3 consecutive years of undergraduate study provided the recipient maintains full time enrolment in an undergraduate degree program (registers in and completes a minimum of 3.0 credits over the Fall/Winter session), remains in good academic standing and continues to demonstrate financial need. If the award is lost in one year, it cannot be regained in a subsequent year.
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or protected persons
- have a permanent disability
- be entering the first-year of any undergraduate program at Carleton University, and pursuing post-secondary studies for the first time
- be registered with the Paul Menton Centre (PMC)
- demonstrate academic promise and leadership, participation in extra-curricular secondary school activities or community service
- demonstrate financial need
Preference may be given to:
- students who are passionate about advocating for disabilities
- students from the Atlantic provinces
Awarded on the recommendation of the Director of the Paul Menton Centre.
How to Apply
- Fill out the Walker Wood Award application form
- Application includes:
- a description of your academic and future goals and how attending Carleton University will assist you in achieving them (maximum 100 words)
- a submission describing your academic and extracurricular activities or community service. You must explain how these activities make you a suitable candidate (maximum one page)
- Submit the application directly to Carleton Awards and Financial Aid at email@example.com
For any questions, contact the PMC:
TTY and Video-Relay-Service: 613-520-3937
Last Updated: 2023-08-24