The Yes2Me Scholarship Program is available to students in British Columbia diagnosed with schizophrenia.
Amount: up to $2000, assessed based on each individual application
Number available: varies
Deadline: the scholarship program is open to applications year-round
The Otsuka-Lundbeck Alliance and BC Schizophrenia Society are celebrating the efforts of young people living with mental illness by providing lucky recipients up to $2,000 to pursue their educational goals and build a better self for a brighter future ahead. The awards are distributed by BC Schizophrenia Society in partnership with Otsuka Canada Pharmaceutical Inc., and Lundbeck Canada Inc.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- be a resident of British Columbia
- be diagnosed with a schizophrenia spectrum disorder
- be enrolled in an Eligible Program*
* The Scholarship Program offers financial assistance for a wide range of educational opportunities in which students work to attain a certificate, diploma or degree from an accredited institution, such as high school equivalency programs; community college, trade or vocational school programs; and Bachelor or graduate degrees. Non-credit, online or home study courses are not eligible.
How to Apply
Complete the application package available on the Yes2Me Scholarship Program webpage:
- The application package includes the Yes2Me Scholarship Application Form and the Yes2Me Scholarship Reference Form
- You can also request to have the application emailed to you by emailing email@example.com or mailed to you by calling 604-270-7841
Included within the application package should be:
- A completed Yes2Me Scholarship Application Form
- Proof of residency (e.g., government-issued ID or utility invoice)
- A completed personal reference form from a professional such as a doctor, a mental health professional, a teacher, or an employer
- A letter describing your career and study goals and why you selected the Eligible Program
- your experiences and how you have learned to cope with a mental illness may also be included.
- must include the name of the educational institution you plan to attend and the specific courses/programs you are applying for
- the letter should be typed and be no more than three (3) double-spaced pages
You can email your completed application package to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also mail or fax it to the following address:
Yes2Me Scholarship Program
BC Schizophrenia Society
1100 – 1200 West 73 Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6P 6G5
Within two weeks of receiving an application package, all applicants will receive an email/ phone call confirming their application was received in its entirety. Should an application be missing any of the required documents, a follow-up email will be sent for resubmission.
Scholarship cheques are made payable to the applicant’s chosen accredited eligible institution (i.e., college, university, trade school or recognized educational institute) for the Program and will be mailed to the eligible institution at the address identified on the application form, upon receipt of enrollment confirmation.
Source: Yes2Me Scholarship Program
See other British Columbia scholarships // See other scholarships for mental health conditions // See national scholarships // See scholarships open to all disabilities
Last updated: 2023-05-24