The APUS Bursary Program is available to part-time students at the University of Toronto.
Number: on average one bursary is offered each term
Deadline: July 22, 2022 at 5pm EST
Recognizing that part-time students face barriers to accessing funding from governmental and institutional programs, the Association of Part-Time Undergraduate Students (APUS) grants a set number of bursaries to part-time undergraduate students on all three campuses of the University of Toronto each session.
NOTE: at the time of updating our listing, the APUS Bursary Program webpage was showing information for the July-August summer bursary program only. Previously we listed winter term information. Check the APUS Bursary Program webpage to be sure you’re getting the most up-to-date information for the relevant term.
- Applications for the July-August 2022 Bursary Program open on Monday, July 4, 2022 at 8am.
- Applications for the July-August 2022 Bursary Program close on Friday, July 22, 2022 at 5pm.
- Applicants must be registered part-time undergraduate students who are taking courses during the July-August period of the 2022 Summer session (for the summer term bursary program)
- Applicants must be taking 0.5 or 1.0 FCEs over the entire Summer session to qualify for the summer bursaries
- Applicants must have a GPA of 1.7 or higher
- Applicants must be residents of Ontario (Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada who have an Ontario mailing address at the time the award is made)
- Applicants must have completed at least one course at the University of Toronto
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need
Definition of a part-time student:
- Registered in 1.0 or fewer Full Course Equivalents (FCEs) over the entire 2022 Summer session
- Students who have completed the majority of their courses on a part-time basis will be prioritized.
How to Apply
- Use the application form available on the APUS Bursary Program webpage (you can also view the APUS Bursary Application: Summer 2022 PDF)
- If you have applied for the May-June bursary and indicated on your form that you will also be studying in July-August, you will automatically be considered for both bursaries. You do not need to resubmit your application
- Include a copy of your Summer 2022 Acorn invoice to your email submission as proof of eligibility. Applications submitted without an accompanying Acorn invoice will not be accepted.
- Include your academic transcript
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
- All applications will be reviewed only after the deadline has passed. There is no advantage to submitting early
- No applicant is guaranteed a bursary. On average one bursary is provided each term
Do not call APUS or the Office of Enrolment Services to inquire on the status of your application. Outcomes will be shared with all applicants approximately six weeks after the deadline. If the process is delayed, all applicants will receive an update after six weeks. All decisions are final.
A student is provided this bursary maximum once per academic year. Do not submit an application if you have already received an APUS bursary in the same academic year.
A Canadian bank account is required in order to receive the bursary funds. If you are not living in Canada at the moment, some Canadian banks are offering remote access to open a bank.
Submitting the Application
- Return the completed application forms to Alice O’Driscoll, APUS Member Services Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Enter ‘[First Name Surname] Summer Bursary’ in the subject field
- Save your completed application form as a PDF titled ‘First Name Surname’
- Do not submit your application directly to the Office of Enrolment Services
For questions about applications, please email the APUS Member Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: 2022-08-03