The Candlelighters Family Scholarship is available to students in Newfoundland and Labrador who are siblings of children diagnosed with cancer.
Number Available: varies
Deadline: August 31st, 2023
The Sibling Scholarship is presented by The Candlelighters Association of Newfoundland and Labrador to siblings of children diagnosed with cancer. The Candlelighters Association of Newfoundland and Labrador is a volunteer charitable organization governed by a volunteer board of directors, dedicated to improving the quality of life for children with cancer and their families since 1982.
The primary aim of The Candlelighters Association of Newfoundland and Labrador is to be a support group whose goal is to provide the families of children diagnosed with cancer with information, emotional support and unique understanding.
- be the sibling of a child diagnosed with cancer
- currently be residents of Newfoundland and Labrador or have been residents of the province during their sibling’s oncology treatment
- be enrolled in post-secondary school for the upcoming term
Applicants may be in any year of study provided they are enrolled in post-secondary school for the upcoming term. Past recipients of this scholarship are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applications must include:
- a completed 2023 Candlelighters Family Scholarships application form
- a 500-word essay that describes the value of The Candlelighters Association of Newfoundland and Labrador and why the applicant believes they are a deserving candidate
- a letter of acceptance from the post-secondary institution the applicant is/will be attending
All applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “Candlelighter Family Scholarship-Your Name”.
Successful applicants will be notified by email.
Telephone: (709) 745-4448 or 1-866-745-4448
Related: the Dr. Jack Hand Memorial Scholarship
Last Updated: 2023-08-23