The Learning Disabilities Association of New Brunswick Scholarship is open to students with learning disabilities in New Brunswick.
Number Available: 1
Deadline: May 16th, 2022
The Learning Disabilities Association of New Brunswick (LDANB) is a charitable organization founded in 1970. Their mission is to promote the understanding and acceptance of the ability of persons with learning disabilities to lead meaningful and successful lives. LDANB recognizes that access to higher education plays an important role in this mission, and as such LDANB is pleased to open the application period for its annual scholarship.
To be considered for the scholarship the applicant must meet the following application requirements:
- Have a diagnosed learning disability. You can see the LDANB’s definition of a learning disability
- Be a resident of New Brunswick
- Be a a grade 12 student entering post-secondary in the 2022-2023 academic year OR a current post-secondary student who will be continuing their studies into the 2022-2023 academic year
How to Apply
- Use the LDANB Scholarship Application Form
- Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com or by mail to LDANB, 203-403 Regent St., Fredericton NB, E3B 3X6
- Include one of the following with your application:
- letter from the ESS team at your school
- letter from student services on campus
- the diagnostic statement from a psychoeducational assessment
- Submit a 500 to 800 word essay on the topic of how having a learning disability(ies) has affected your life.
- Other creative submissions will also be considered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your idea
- Potential topics could include but are not limited to:
- How having a learning disability has impacted your life.
- Obstacles you have overcome in your life/education.
- Accomplishments you are proud to have achieved as a person living with a learning disability.
The scholarship recipient will be notified on May 31st, 2022. The funds will be paid directly to the post-secondary institution upon receipt of a confirmation of enrollment.
Provincial Office: 403 Regent Street, Suite 203, Fredericton, NB Canada E3B 3X6
Telephone: (506) 459 -7852
Source: the Learning Disabilities Association of New Brunswick Scholarship announcement
See the other LDANB scholarship on our website: the Ashton Chase Memorial Scholarship
See other New Brunswick scholarships // See other scholarships for learning disabilities // See scholarships open to all disabilities
Last Updated: 2022-07-31