The Ed Ireland Bursary for Students with Disabilities is available to students registered with the Paul Menton Centre or the Attendant Services Program at Carleton University.
Number Available: 4*
Applications Open: June 1st annually
Deadline: October 31st annually
This bursary was endowed in 2008 by Ed Ireland and revised in 2009, 2011, and 2017.
*Two students from each of the following areas are selected (for a total of 10 students each year):
- College of Humanities
- Human Rights
- Electronics – doing research work in the area of silicon-based optical sensors
- Attendants Service Program
- Students with disabilities registered with the Paul Menton Centre
As such, two bursaries are available to students with disabilities and two are available to students in the Attendant Services Program.
- demonstrate financial need
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada (landed immigrant or protected person)
- meet OSAP’s Ontario residency requirements
- be a student registered with the PMC or be with the Attendant Services Program
The Ed Ireland bursaries are awarded on the recommendation of the Paul Menton Centre.
How to Apply
- Fill out the Ed Ireland Bursary for Students with Disabilities application
- Submit the application directly to Carleton Awards and Financial Aid at email@example.com
Note: Should a recipient be a graduate student, the bursary will be awarded by the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs.
For any questions, contact the PMC:
TTY and Video-Relay-Service: 613-520-3937
Date Updated: 2023-08-24