The Ed Ireland Bursary for Students with Disabilities is available to students registered with the Paul Menton Center or the Attendant Services Program at Carleton University.
Number Available: 4
Applications Open: June 1st annually
Deadline: October 31st Annually
This bursary was endowed in 2008 by Ed Ireland and revised in 2009, 2011, and 2017.
- The Ed Ireland bursaries are awarded on the recommendation of the Paul Menton Centre
- Recipients must demonstrate financial need
- Recipients must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada (landed immigrant or protected person)
- Recipients must meet OSAP’s Ontario residency requirements
- Two students from each of the following areas are selected (for a total of 10 students each year):
- College of Humanities
- Human Rights
- Electronics – doing research work in the area of silicon-based optical sensors
- the Attendants Service Program
- students with disabilities registered with the Paul Menton Centre
- (Note: we list 4 bursaries due to the 2 areas relevant to disabled students: those in the Attendant Services Program and those registered with the PMC)
How to Apply
- Fill out the Ed Ireland Bursary for Students with Disabilities application
- Submit the application directly to Carleton Awards and Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Should a recipient be a graduate student, the bursary will be awarded by the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs.
For any questions, contact the PMC:
TTY and Video-Relay-Service: 613-520-3937
See more Ontario scholarships // See more scholarships open to all disabilities
Date Updated: 2022-12-30