The Carly Reid Memorial Award is available to Douglas College students with disabilities, with a preference for students in the Professional Communication PDD program or Nursing program.
- Fall: August 15th – September 15th
- Winter: December 15th – January 17th
- Summer: April 15th – May 15th
The Carly Reid Memorial Award was created in 2006 in memory of Carly Reid by her family. Carly was a student in the Print Futures program at Douglas College and knew she had found her calling in writing. Carly gained compassion towards others with disabilities through the pain she faced while living with scleroderma, a rare autoimmune disease. The purpose of this award is to recognize and reward students living with a disease or disability who demonstrate similar characteristics to Carly.
In 2014, the Print Futures program became the Professional Communication Post-Degree Diploma (PDD) program and the fund details were updated to reflect this change.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are enrolled in either the Professional Communication PDD program or the Nursing program at Douglas College (preference given to these programs)
- Are a returning domestic student
- Have completed at least 9 Douglas College academic credits of letter graded courses
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.67 (B-) or higher
- Are a full-time student in the term for which the award will be received, unless otherwise stated in the award
- Participation in college and community activities may also be considered
How to Apply
Apply for scholarships, bursaries, and awards at Douglas College using your MyAccount.
For more information on this bursary and other Douglas College funding opportunities, visit Douglas College’s Financial Aid webpage.
See other Douglas College scholarships, awards, and bursaries listed on our website:
- 1992 BC Games for the Physically Disabled Award
- Adult Special Education Bursary
- Al Atkinson & Ted James Bursary
- Business Advisory Council Award of Distinction
- Canadian Federation of University Women Award of Distinction
- Compass Group Canada Award
- Joan Meister ORW Memorial Fund for Students with Disabilities Bursary
- Sally Allan Memorial Award
- Starlight Casino Bursary
Last Updated: 2023-12-01