The Canadian Federation of University Women Award of Distinction is open to Douglas College students with disabilities.
Number Available: 1
- Fall: August 15th – September 15th
- Winter: December 15th – January 17th
- Summer: April 15th – May 15th
The Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW) Award of Distinction was established in 2003. CFUW – Coquitlam applies annual to the Gaming Commission of BC to receive a grant through their Direct Access Funding. Funds obtained through that grant are used to support students at Douglas College. Preference is given to students enrolled in the Career & Employment Preparation program with one award going to graduates of School District 43 and one to students with disabilities.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are a returning domestic student
- Have completed at least 9 Douglas College academic credits of letter graded courses
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.67 (B-) or higher
- Are a full-time student in the term for which the award will be received, unless otherwise stated in the award
- Participation in college and community activities may also be considered
- Preference for students enrolled in the Career & Employment Preparation program
How to Apply
Apply for scholarships, bursaries, and awards at Douglas College using your MyAccount.
For more information on this bursary and other Douglas College funding opportunities, visit Douglas College’s Financial Aid webpage.
See other Douglas College scholarships, awards, and bursaries listed on our website:
- 1992 BC Games for the Physically Disabled Award
- Al Atkinson & Ted James Bursary
- Business Advisory Council Award of Distinction
- Carly Reid Memorial Award
- Compass Group Canada Award
- Joan Meister ORW Memorial Fund for Students with Disabilities Bursary
- Sally Allan Memorial Award
- Starlight Casino Bursary
Last Updated: 2023-08-23